Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bean Coffee Caf shuts its doors

For the second time in a month, a Learwood Square business has shut its doors for good. On Jan. 17 Bean Coffee Café on Lear Road closed its doors for good. “I’m so sad,” Yvette Hansel, who opened the large coffee shop on Dec. 11, 2008 said. “We closed as of Sunday.”

Hansel said she opened the store soon after the market took a huge drop. “I lost a lot of money I was going to invest,” she said. “But I wanted to forge ahead. You make a lot of sacrifices. For me, marketing was it. But if you don’t spend the money, you don’t make money.”


The coffee shop replaced Arabica, which had closed its doors approximately six months before. Hansel did some moderate redecorating, adding a conference room. Still, lack of funding for marketing hurt. “It never took off the way it should have,” she said. “I could not bankrupt my family. Many came through, but unfortunately not enough.

Hansel said she came close on several occasions to partnering with another company and put the business up on the market a few months ago hoping to stay on board. Neither plan came to fruition. “My landlord was awesome and worked with us throughout the year,” she said. The building is ideal for another business, especially a coffee house.

“It’s a good location; the layout is perfect,” she said. “I’m confident another company will come in.” TrueValue Hardware also closed for good at the end of December. That business had been located in the plaza for more than 20 years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Coffees Bar. All rights reserved.